Hard to Fit Contacts Provided by our Optometrists in Minnetonka and Otsego
Contact lenses are an easy way to enjoy everyday vision correction. Even folks who primarily wear glasses often keep a pair of contacts on hand for sports and other activities that might damage their other eyewear. Not everyone can wear a standard pair of single-vision soft contacts. If you have a condition or prescription that makes ordinary contacts a no-go, you’ll be happy to learn that our Otsego and Minnetonka optometrists provide hard to fit contacts here at Bright Eyes Vision Clinic.
What Makes Your Eyes “Hard to Fit?”
What’s so unusual about your eyes that they would be classified as “hard to fit” for contact lenses? Actually, a number of common issues can complicate contact lens wear.
- Difficult prescriptions such as severe myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism can require an extra degree of accuracy and corrective strength.
- Presbyopia, which can cause blurry vision at more than one distance, is another complicating factor.
- Conditions which irritate the eyes, such as dry eye and giant papillary conjunctivitis, can respond badly to standard contacts, resulting in redness, inflammation and discomfort.
- Corneal deformations such as keratoconus pose special challenges for soft contacts designed to conform to the wearer’s corneal contours.
- Delicate or ulcerated corneas are also ill-equipped to support regular corneal contacts.
We Can Help You Find the Right Contact Lenses
Bright Eyes Vision Clinic has the answers to your contact lens issues. A detailed contact lens exam is the first step in determining what type of contact lenses will best suit your individual challenges. While we’re measuring your pupils, irises and corneal contours, your eye doctor in Otswego or Minnetoka will analyze your corrective prescription evaluate any underlying ocular health conditions you may have.
The good news is that modern contact lens technologies make it possible to offer many alternatives for those hard to fit scenarios. Simply choosing rigid gas permeable contacts instead of soft contacts can solve many problems. This material holds its shape to provide premium optics while accumulating less of the debris that triggers eye irritation.
Dry eye sufferers may benefit from hydrogel materials or even scleral lenses, which retain eye moisture as they cover the entire cornea. Scleral contacts are also a great workaround for corneal issues, including keratoconus. we can even fit you with specialized contacts for presbyopia and astigmatism.
Contact our Optometrist in Minnetonka or Otsego for a Contact Lens Exam
Any optometrist on our skilled team at Bright Eye Vision Clinic will be happy to guide you toward the hard to fit contacts you need for optimal comfort and clear vision. Call either of our locations for a contact lens exam! To schedule an appointment with an optometrist in Otsego or Minnetonka, call us at (763) 241-1090.